- Steven A. Smith Suspended Longer Than Ray Rice
- Fantasy Football: Top 5 WRs To Draft
- Former Minnesota Vikings Punter Chris Kluwe Needs to Shut Up
- The Oakland Raiders 2014 Season Outlook
- Drug Use is Costing Athletes Millions of Dollars…Not Just In Drugs Either
- Division Predictions: Will the Chiefs Make it Back to the Playoffs? AFC West
- The Trade That Must Happen
- Both Chiefs and Lions Release Their No. 1 Cornerbacks
- Brian Hoyer to be Starting QB
- Division Predictions: Can The Ravens Retake the AFC North?
Quinton Patton: Potential Sleeper in 2014 NFL Fantasy Football
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers are focused on locking down the NFC West. They have already locked up Anquan Boldin for a few more years and they are also helping Michael Crabtree come back to full strength. Both those receivers will make the 49ers a much stronger team early on in the season.
To be a dangerous team, the 49ers will need to find a solid WR3 to really bring the entire unit together. Quinton Patton, the former Louisiana Tech standout, reeled in 104 passes during his senior year. The 49ers selected him in the 2013 NFL Draft, however, last year was a lost season for Patton. He broke his foot in the preseason and missed most of the year.
This year, we have higher expectations for the healthy receiver. Patton is capable of becoming a productive WR3 in the 49ers run-heavy offense. He has great hands and he will improve his route-running skills with more playing time.
If Patton can develop some sort of chemistry with quarterback Colin Kaepernick, he will be worth a late draft pick if he improves his route running. Fantasy football owners should keep an eye on him as he has the ability to garner “sleeper” status.