- Top NFL Camp Battles Finally Playing Out
- Why Real NFL Fans Must Watch Pre Season Football
- Why Dennis Allen Has No Room To Lose
- Four Reasons The 49ers Won’t Make The Playoffs
- Former Giants First Round Pick, David Wilson Calling It a Career
- Steven A. Smith Suspended Longer Than Ray Rice
- Fantasy Football: Top 5 WRs To Draft
- Former Minnesota Vikings Punter Chris Kluwe Needs to Shut Up
- The Oakland Raiders 2014 Season Outlook
- Drug Use is Costing Athletes Millions of Dollars…Not Just In Drugs Either
Quinton Patton: Potential Sleeper in 2014 NFL Fantasy Football
- Updated: April 9, 2014
The San Francisco 49ers are focused on locking down the NFC West. They have already locked up Anquan Boldin for a few more years and they are also helping Michael Crabtree come back to full strength. Both those receivers will make the 49ers a much stronger team early on in the season.
To be a dangerous team, the 49ers will need to find a solid WR3 to really bring the entire unit together. Quinton Patton, the former Louisiana Tech standout, reeled in 104 passes during his senior year. The 49ers selected him in the 2013 NFL Draft, however, last year was a lost season for Patton. He broke his foot in the preseason and missed most of the year.
This year, we have higher expectations for the healthy receiver. Patton is capable of becoming a productive WR3 in the 49ers run-heavy offense. He has great hands and he will improve his route-running skills with more playing time.
If Patton can develop some sort of chemistry with quarterback Colin Kaepernick, he will be worth a late draft pick if he improves his route running. Fantasy football owners should keep an eye on him as he has the ability to garner “sleeper” status.